A temporary suspension of barbel fishing on our waters.

At the committee meeting last night we were all in ageement that fishing for barbel in this weather and with the current river conditions should be  temporarily suspended until the weather and river conditions improve significantly.

It was gratifying to learn that all the members present who fish for barbel and several that weren’t, have already taken the same decision on their own merit not to catch barbel and we hope that is the view of all our members.

Cooler weather alone will not solve the problem. We also need a signifiant amount of rain to raise the river level by at least half a metre and lower water temperatures before desolved oxgen levels get back to normal and only the crisis will be over.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s